Qualify as a modern and innovative Mental Health workerQualification offered (AUS study approved)
At the LiFE Academy we are committed to fostering the quality and professionalism of all our graduates with government accredited and nationally recognised courses. Our students can pursue a professional career with the knowledge that they are studying at a high level of practical skills and theoretical knowledge and being trained by people who are using these skills in the real world of work. Our graduates are in demand because of their unique training and ability to truly help other people cope with and enhance the quality of everyday life. Our graduates have been working in hospitals, aged facilities, palliative care, mental health services, health clinics, schools, Aboriginal Corporations and private consultative practice.
The qualifications we offer are ideal for:
- Anyone wishing to gain a Western Australian government priority qualification in an area that is in peak demand now and for the foreseeable future.
- The lay person, health professional, psychologist or counsellor who wishes to explore unique strategies for mental health and wellbeing, plus the latest global and national knowledge on mental, emotional/social wellbeing, the ever-changing landscape of drugs, alcohol and mental health challenges.
- Anyone wanting tools to increase the quality of their life and relationships, both in understanding themselves and others and being able to deal with problems with both proven traditions from the world’s first peoples and the latest modern methods.
Through this one year course you will be guided through today’s landscape of health and wellbeing while learning new skills for building a healthy sense of self, positive relationship with others and your community, and the many roads to recovery and resilience. You will also learn bonus skills to pass on to those in need, such as healthy diet/exercise/sleep plans, music and drumming therapy and traditional use of yoga, meditation acupressure and flower essences.
Government training package units of competency in this course are:
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCCSL001 Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL003 Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCMHS003 Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS002 Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS008 Promote and facilitate self advocacy
- CHCMHS007 Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCCCS003 Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drug issues
- CHCMHS011 Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCMHS004 Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Contact LiFE Academy for the range of non-accredited health and wellbeing and life skills courses.